Greetings WUSPBA Members,
Although it is the middle of the competition season the Executive Committee is gearing up for our Annual General Meeting. Leading up to the AGM weekend I wanted to make you aware of a few important dates to keep in mind:
• Wednesday September 2nd -Bylaw and Contest Rule Proposals Due
Please include the following items when submitting a proposal:
• The correct article and paragraph numbering
• The wording as it currently appears in the Bylaws or Contest rules
• The proposed new wording
• An explanation or rational for the change
• Please also note if any other Pipe Band Association has a similar Bylaw or Contest Rule.
All proposals must be electronically submitted to me at email@example.com. Proposals
will be accepted from now until September 2nd. If you need assistance writing a proposal, or
would like to have the EC review a draft proposal prior to submitting the final version
please contact me.
• Thursday September 17th -All Proposals will be posted
Check the WUSPBA website for a complete listing of the Bylaw and Contest rule proposals that will be discussed during the general membership meeting.
• Sunday September 20th –All Re-grade Applications Due
All band and solo re-grade applications are due. Applications can be found on the WUSPBA website under the music tab, on the music board page (scroll towards the bottom). In addition to the application you may provide supporting materials such as a letter of recommendation, or a video/audio recording. All applications and supporting items should be submitted to me at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than this date.
• Saturday October 17th -General Membership Meeting
During this meeting we will hold officer elections (President, Treasurer, Executive Secretary, and Band Registrar). Bylaw and Contest Rule proposals will be discussed and voted on.
The Annual General Meeting will take place at the Marriott hotel in Park City Utah. As we get closer to the event a guide detailing transportation and the full schedule of events for the weekend will be sent out.
We hope you will take the opportunity to attend the AGM if you are a soloist, a band, or a contest organizer. Let your voice be heard and your vote counted!