Recent Announcements and Updates
September | 17 | 2014
2014 WUSPBA Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The 2014 WUSPBA AGM will be held at the Little America Hotel in Salt Lake City Utah on Saturday November 22nd. Discount rooms are available; $99.00 a night for tower rooms, and $89.00 a night for Garden rooms. To receive these discounted rates you must book your room before October 27th. Call 800-281-7899, ask for the Western United States Pipe Band Association discount rate.
Friday November 21st -We will be holding a Contest Organizer meeting. We are planning to have a demonstration, and possible training, on the new computerized system.
Saturday November 22nd-The general meeting will be held. The following will part of the agenda for that meeting:
• Officer Reports (including the treasurer’s financial report)
• Committee Reports
• Officer Elections (Vice President, Sanctioning Secretary, Solo Registrar)
• Band and Solo re-grade announcements
• Voting on Bylaw and Contest Rule Proposals
Sunday November 23rd-Piping and Drumming adjudicator exams.
August | 21 | 2014
AGM Bylaws and Contest Rules Proposals
The deadline to submit Bylaw and Contest rule proposals is Tuesday October 7th. Please include the following items when submitting a proposal:
• The correct article and paragraph numbering
• The wording as it currently appears in the Bylaws or Contest rules
• The proposed new wording
• An explanation or rational for the change
• Please also not if any other Pipe Band Association has a similar Bylaw or Contest Rule.
All proposals must be electronically submitted to the WUSPBA Executive Secretary at email@example.com .
Please feel free to submit proposals from now until October 7th. If you need assistance writing a proposal, or would like to have the EC review a draft proposal prior to submitting the final version please contact Erin Gunn firstname.lastname@example.org .